I remember when I was young, I would spend time with my grandparents at their small home in Port Arthur, Texas. I noticed one day a glass doorknob to their bedroom and was captivated.
"Why? It's just a glass doorknob," she replied.
Well, today I thought about what I would do if I had a million dollars...
I would buy a private jet and hire a pilot to fly me, my partner and furry kids to:
- Key West to see Ernest Hemingway's house and watering hole and 9 toed cats.
- Chicago and see the Oprah show
- Maine to sail around the coast
- Boston to have a drink at where they filmed "Cheers" and to lay some flowers on my friend, Pearl's grave. She was the one who taught me to love vodka martinis. Cheers old girl! (Hallow?)
- New York to have dinner at one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants and 1 of Bobby Flay's restaurants.
- California - to see San Francisco, Malibu, San Diego and other lovely coastline cities.
- Then, I would have the pilot fly us to Hawaii for a few days.
- After a couple or three days, I would fly to the places I have written about that have captivated me through other's eyes:
- Manila, Hong Kong (I would want to see the fortune tellers I have heard about there), Thailand to see Loi Kroh Road, the most mystical road in the world, and Beijing, China...to look up my good friend that I've never met, Alan Solomon.
Called: "The Ghostwriter's Den". It will be furnished with overstuffed couches and chairs similar to Steak and Ale, with rich colors and fancy schmancy fair. All of my books would be framed and hung on the wall and other author friends would also have their books on the wall (but only if they held a book signing during the day there). The vodka martini would be called instead, "Taryn's Tini".
Aaahhh, don't you love to dream? I think tomorrow I will go to the hardware store and purchase a glass doorknob to put on our bedroom door. Cause, you never know if you have a diamond or not.
More Musings Later-