Thursday, August 16, 2007

Magazine Revamp! and other News

Okay, I have to say this to get it off my chest. As you all know (or maybe you don't) I just recently self-published "The Mango Tree Cafe, Loi Kroh Road" with Alan Solomon.

I have marketed this freaking book until I'm blue in the face! I contact the Nashville Scene and they tell me (very nicely I have to say) that "although my book is being considered for a Pulitzer and is being shown in Beijing, China at the Intl Book Fair and is competing for Best Fiction at USABookNews.com, they can't do an interview with me because it's a self-published novel..."

HUH???? You mean to tell me, that if my book wins the Pulitzer Prize, I can't get you to interview me because I'm self-published???? YEP. that's the long and the short of it.

HOW STUPID IS THAT???? I don't blame the nice lady that conveyed the news, I blame the owner of the Scene! Good Lord! I'm sorry, but that seems a bit, well....snobbish. There, I said it.

Does anyone think this is a crazy idea? If you do, email the Nashville Scene at http://www.nashvillescene.com/Information/contact_us/index.php and address to "Publisher of the Nashville Scene."

************************

On a lighter note, seems the startup of "Ideas, Goals and Dreams" is changing around the premier issue. See what you think:


1 comment:

Carma Dutra said...

Taryn, I just don't know where to contact you at. You are everywhere. How do you find time to write a book?

You're inspiring.