Thursday, July 05, 2012

From "Middled Aged" to "Aging"

I finally did it.  I changed my header on this blog to reflect "aging" instead of middle aged. Why? because if I were middle-aged, that would mean there is a better than good chance of living until I'm 100.  I don't think that's gonna happen.

There's something sobering about getting older.  Not only do the aches and pains come with more frequency, but one tends to ponder life a bit more.  I read where one comic wistfully wished that we would age in reverse.  That is, we would start out old and gradually reach our youth.

How wonderful would that be?  You would have all the knowledge and experience of having lived and would have the good sense to enjoy life more when you can physically do the most...when you're young.  Just think, no more "I'll travel when I retire," mentality.  You would start out pinching pennies and sock away savings until you can travel the world in your 20's or 30's!

It's an intriguing idea to say the least.  I know alot of people swore they would see the world, bungy-jump, scale the tallest mountain and now they are too ill to do so.  One thing I will never regret is doing the traveling and vacationing abroad that I did when I was able to do it.

It's not the things you do that you regret so much.  It's the things you DIDN'T do.  Moral of the story? Be in the moment and live like there's no tomorrow.  I guarantee you won't regret it.

More Musings Later-

No comments: