Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Who Would YOU Invite to Dinner?

I've had people in the past ask me this question: "If you could invite anyone, living or dead to a dinner party, who would it be? I thought it was an interesting question and gave me cause to reflect and you know writers love that sort of thing.

So, I decided to give me list of "Who I would invite to my dinner party, living or dead" By the way, no fair on listing God, Jesus etc. We're talking PEOPLE, ok?

My Dinner Party List

1. Oprah Winfrey
2. Maya Angelou
3. Laura Ingalls Wilder
4. Ann Richards
5. Whoopi Goldberg
6. Lisa Williams, (psychic)
7. Shirley MacLaine
8. Ernest Hemingway
9. Ellen Degeneres
10. Bette Midler

Attire: Your most comfortable pajamas because we will have a sleep over afterward. (I'm going to make wearing your pj's in public popular. If Hugh Hefner can do it, so can I)

Why did I choose these guests?
Oprah Winfrey - She is a teacher to many and I would love to learn
Maya Angelou - She is the one who mentored Oprah...When she speaks, people should shut up and listen.
Laura Ingalls Wilder - I would love to ask her questions about her childhood. What she thinks of her popular childrens books
Ann Richards - I LOVE this woman. I want to be Ann Richards when I grow up.
Whoopi Goldberg - A wise woman with alot of truth. Not to mention she is hysterical
Lisa Williams - I would have alot of questions for her. She is the most amazing psychic I've ever seen. That and she is just so darn pleasant!
Shirley MacLaine - The big hitter of metaphysical teachings. She is very smart.
Ernest Hemingway - I would like to ask him about his life in Key West, what drove him, what he thought about his writing and how he got into the "writing zone".
Ellen Degeneres - When we have crammed our heads full of wisdom, we can take a dance break! That and I think Ellen is a geniunely good person and is funny as hell.
Bette Midler - The most outrageous performer...truly a yen and yang personality. I would love to get to know her better.

More Musings Later-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great List! :-)