Saturday, April 07, 2007

I No Lady, I Taryn!


Aaahhh, out of the mouth of babes. Actually, I was about 3 years old when I made that declaration. I remember I was at the store with my father when we bumped into a friend of his. He cooed to me, "And who is this little lady?"

Hence, my response.

After all these years, I still chuckle over that statement because it is SO me. Not that I behave less desireable than a lady....I'm just a feminist lady and apparantly, since the age of 3!

It's amazing that we can have a true sense of self at such a young age. That simple statement taught me alot about myself. I've learned that I am individualistic, hard headed, and full of piss and vinegar with a tad of sarcastic humor.

That strength in my statement has carried me down a life journey that has been enthralling, devastating, exciting and difficult. But, it carried me nonetheless.

Happy Birthday Kiddo-

More Musings Later

No comments: