Friday, June 09, 2006

Guess who called? Corporate America!



Yep, I was busily constructing my business budget and projections for the rest of the year, and a recruiter called me. Would I like to interview for a position doing the same thing as before when I was trapped in that the awful, too-long-of-a-contract! To entice me, he told me what the rate was....and as I looked at my dwindling bank account, I ALMOST thought about it.

Then I thought to myself, "What ARE you thinking???" So, I said thanks, but no thanks and continued with my spreadsheets.

That's not to say that I wouldn't work temp if I needed to meet my financial obligations...I just refuse to sit at a conference room table and talk about synergy all day long.

Life is too short for beige cubicles...

More musings later.

No comments: