Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Nose to the Grindstone and loving it!

I wasted no time in jumping right into the middle of my freelance writing career! Monday morning, bright and early, I raced to Walmart and bought a wireless keyboard/mouse so that I could get right to work.

Hunched over my laptop, with the windows up in my bonus room, uh, my office, I busily googled, yahooed, media bistroed and everything else getting my name out there. I labored over Google adwords (if you have any suggestions, please please give me a comment!!!!!), and I created my spreadsheets for quotes, contracts and the like. I'm in heaven.

AND, to make things even better....my friend, Drew is also working to be self employed, as I am! So, that means I have a buddy to go to Chamber of Commerce meetings with and someone to network and bounce ideas. We have a pact to get together to meet next week, which is cool. We'll meet for coffee or something and go over our plans and ideas.

Life is really cool right now...ok, where's the money?

More musings later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of your Taryn!

We're in this together - let's kick some arse ;)