Tuesday, September 02, 2008

You'd think I'd be used to this...

but, I'm not. What am I talking about? DISCRIMINATION.

I applied for a writing job not too long ago and the recruiter called me and was thrilled with my qualifications. Great! Offer coming soon, right?

WRONG. The editor of this publishing company wanted a spouse to write a book on "Loving a Man with XYZ condition". When I revealed that my partner had this condition, she cautiously asked, You ARE married to a MAN, correct? When I said, "No" and explained the situation, - Boom. I didn't get the job.


Why? Cause I'm gay. That's it. If I had submitted a writing sample and she didn't like it, okay. I understand that.

Folks, we are smack dab in the latter part of 2008. Can we please move on into the 20th century? Harumph.

On to a lighter note....The Olympics are over (and man! weren't they exciting!) and my best bro, Alan Solomon survived it! If you remember, he and I co-wrote the book, "The Mango Tree Cafe, Loi Kroh Road" (it's an award winner by the way!) Anyway, Alan lives in Beijing, China and assisted the Chinese police with security.

Our book, "The Mango Tree Cafe', Loi Kroh Road"
Here he is enjoying some bar-b-que in Beijing (Company picnic).


Alan chowing down on BBQ


By the way, A Message to the Editor: "To Thine Own Self Be True" allow others to follow it.
More Musings Later-

No comments: