For example, you know you're getting older when:
- You call your partner/spouse either "Mother" or "Daddy"
Staying home on a Saturday night sounds comforting
- HGTV has replaced MTV in your home.
- A nap is luxurious, not a waste of time
- Your bed is your best friend after a long day.
- A night out on the town is having dinner and then coming home.
- You get excited when you can go to Home Depot and browse swatches
- You use birthday money to purchase paint to paint the house
- You're looking for a new car, and buy practical over sports car
- You'd rather take a BC Powder than a regular aspirin
- You need a pill box with "Morning, Noon, Afternoon and Night" compartments to hold all your medication.
- The Walgreens pharmacist knows you by name
- You find yourself watching documentaries that would have made you yawn in your younger years.
- You watch the news all the time
- You refer to another person of your same age as "a girl" or "a boy" instead of woman or man.
- The idea of going to a concert and battling the crowds for parking and so on, doesn't appeal to you any longer.
- Your pets become your furry children.
- You forget why you walked into a certain room in your house or you forget what you were talking about in mid sentence.
- Your partner/spouse can finish your sentences when you forget what you are talking about.
- You remember when there weren't computers in the home.
- You remember when everyone learned how to use computers "on the job"
- You remember dual disk drives and Enable software.
- You remember when kids walked to school and played outdoors after getting home.
- You remember doing your homework without a computer
- Remember when there were computer labs in college because so few people had them at home?
Sheesh, see what I mean?
More Musings Later-