Monday, March 19, 2007

The Mango Tree Cafe', Loi Kroh Road


Every once in a blue moon, an absolute gift presents itself. Such is mine in the form of a book entitled, "The Mango Tree Cafe', Loi Kroh Road".


As a ghostwriter, I have enjoyed the process of writing and rewriting various books for clients all over the country. But (you knew it was coming, didn't you?) I have to say that I was not prepared for the pleasant surprise I received recently.


A colleague of mine asked if I would be interested in helping a client with his book. I read the first chapter and was amazed. It was written with the same type eloquent prose reminiscent of"And a River Runs Through It," but needed just a bit of polish.

Lovely surprise #2: The client asked if I would be interested in co-writing this book with him. My response was a lightening speed YES! The challenge? Although he is a native New Zealander, he is located in Beijing, China while I am located in Nashville, TN, USA.

The Internet is an amazing piece of technology to be sure. So readers, please follow 2 authors' located worlds apart on the progress on this fascinating book. You can read more about "The Mango Tree Cafe', Loi Kroh Road" and how it reduced me to tears at the end.


It is a poignant, beautifully written book. And, one that you will never forget.


That's a promise. Spread the word.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on such an exciting project.

I can sense your passion for this book!

Best wishes!

truly,

Sylvia C.
www.sylvias-journal.blogspot.com
www.dream-imagine-soar.blogspot.com

Kerri Fivecoat-Campbell said...

Enjoy the process! There's nothing more exciting than getting to edit or help ghost a finely written project!

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hi, Taryn,

The world today is simply magical!

When you were a child, if someone had told you about all the amazing opportunities that would come your way someday via something called "the internet" you would never have believed them.

Isn't the writer's life FUN?

Happy writing!

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com