Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Next Time You Belly up to the Bar.....

it pays to be aware of your surroundings. Last evening, I stopped in at a local restaurant/bar and bellied up to enjoy a cocktail or two. The bartender was no fun. He was slamming glasses on the bar, throwing ice into the blender and being a noise nuisance. He just didn't want to be there, and quite honestly, I didn't want to be there with him either.

Then...I heard a distinct Brooklyn/Wisconsin type of accent talking to a fellow patron to the left of me. One thing led to another and we struck up a conversation. At first, I have to admit; I was a little uneasy. Why? He proceeds to tell me he was in prison for 7 years when he lived in Brooklyn. But, he didn't do it. (yeah, yeah). But wait. He tells me more of his story and I know where I have heard his story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101982/

A little known actor named Brandon Frasier played him in his life story.

So, next time your passing the time at your local bar...listen to the conversation around you. You never know who you're going to meet.

Cheers! More musings later

No comments: