Monday, May 02, 2011

Ding Dong, the Wicked Witch is Dead...now what?

President Obama did it.  Or, should I say the Navy Seals did it?  In any event; the one task that needed doing was accomplished last night, the death of Osama Bin Laden.  While revenge is sweet for Americans, it causes me to wonder when the next shoe will drop.

If you think the score has been settled, think again.  This will be an ongoing chess match of intelligence and human lives.  We have the #1 man that was in charge of the horrendous 9/11 catastrophes and it validates my hunch all along; IF President George W. Bush wanted to kill Bin Laden, he could have.  Did he REALLY think he was in Iraq?  C'mon.  All intelligence pointed to Pakistan.  So, after 8 years of "Dub'ya" we were about as close to nabbing Bin Laden as the proverbial man on the moon.  Instead, we went against the United Nations, Intelligence reports and set our sights on Saddam Hussein.  Can we say, O-I-L?  Sure, I knew you could.

Now we have a President in office that has been working his tail off even before he was sworn into office.  All because Dubya had his Iraq war and Saddam's death to boast about in his memoirs of accomplishments so he was done.  President Obama is in office for about 2 years and manages to kill the most wanted man in America (and beyond really) precisely where we thought he was all these years:  Pakistan, not Iraq.  Meanwhile, we invite the leader of Iran to speak at Columbia University in New York City.  Am I the only one that thinks this is downright weird???

One thing is for sure; there are ALOT of people that were snowed by the Bushes and Cheney.  In fact, I was blown away to see a bumper sticker on the car ahead of me at a traffic light which had a picture of Dubya with the caption:  "Miss Me Yet?"

I shook my head in disbelief and pulled into a gas station to fill up.

More Musings Later-

No comments: