Monday, January 10, 2011

Rocky Balboa and 2011

As I watched 2011 introduce herself, I couldn't help but be thankful that 2010 was over.  In fact, I think alot of people are grateful last year is over. 

As I've mentioned in some posts last year, it was a year of sadness, grief, anger, despair, changes and huge lessons learned.  It wasn't for naught and that's a good thing.  The most painful situations are some of life's best lessons.  I was humbled and determined to be a good student and learn my lessons accordingly.  However, the bombardment of life crashing down around me threw me into a perpetual state of feeling punch drunk.  The scene in every Rocky movie where he is facing a huge opponent and is savagely beaten until he pulls himself up by the bootstraps to dig deep and discover his strength once again strikes a familiar chord. 

That moment in time when he is whirling from the intensity of punches is something we can all relate to.  In fact, instead of a huge fighter swinging hellacious punches at me, it was only 2010.  I've already begun the process of pulling myself up by my bootstraps and it takes time and constant determination.


In any event, hello and welcome 2011. 

Go ahead...cut me Mick.

More Musings Later~

No comments: